September 18, 2011

The colour Purple!

Last Saturday I held a card class with my regular monthly ladies, and we had a great morning creating 3 cards - all around the colour purple, which was a request from the hostess of the day Miss Phoebe.


I have to thank my lovely niece-in-law Nicole for the idea of this gorgeous bookmark. It was a heap of fun to make and would make a terrific gift for a friend. I'd use one but it somehow doesn't work with my Kindle E-book!!

Stamp set: Aviary
Cardstock: Elegant Eggplant, More Mustard, Whisper White, 2010-2012 In-Colour DSP in Concord Crush and Pear Pizazz
Stamp pads: More Mustard, Basic Black, Old Olive (sponging)
Accessories: Punches -  2 3/8" scallop circle, 1 1/2" circle, Scallop edge border


I recently purchased the Bigz Beautiful Butterflies die set and just had to use it straight away. I adore butterflies and dragonflies, so anything which includes them in my projects is a bonus. Of course, SU have so many lovely new stamp sets included in our Idea Book and Catalogue this year, but I must be honest I always go back to the fabulous stamp set 'Baroque Motifs' which has to be one of my all time fave sets, which as you can see I have made as the background accent. The new 2011-2013 In Color cardstock colours are to die for, so had to of course include in the card.

Stamp Set: Creative Elements, Baroque Motifs
Cardstock: Basic Black, Whisper White, Old Olive,  2011-2013 In Color Wisteria Wonder
Stamp pads: Wisteria Wonder and Blushing Bride
Accessories: Beautiful Butterflieds Bigz die, Punches - 1 3/4" circle, 1 1/2" circle, Rhinestones, sponge, Little Leaves Sizzlits, Dimensionals


The final card was basically created using the Big Shot Perfect Polkadots embossing folder with the new totally gorgeous Lace Ribbon border punch as the accent. I can see this punch being very popular as it looks beautiful with ribbon threaded through it, pearls or rhinestones dotted along it, or as I have done, just left plain so the beautiful pattern is enhanced. This was a very simple card, but I felt it didn't need a lot as the pattern of the punch highlights it all.

Stamp Set: Pennant Parade ('hello')
Cardstock: Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Elegant Eggplant, Melon Mambo, 2011-2013 In Color Lucky Limeade
Stamp pads: Elegant Eggplant
Accessories: Punches - Fancy Flower, Lace Ribbon border, Bitty Shapes punch pack, 3/4" and 1" circle punches, Rhinestones, Perfect Pookadots embossing folder, dimensionals.

Thanks heaps for visiting,

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment